Volunteers make a huge difference to the work we do at Teckels and there are many ways in which you can help and support.
We are grateful for all the hours that our volunteers kindly donate and aim to make best use of them, so please be prepared to receive guidance from us as to what would be the most helpful way to support us on any given day.
All volunteers will need to attend an induction session before volunteering for us. This will cover a range of areas, including:
• Introduction to Teckels, the work we do and how the charity operates
• Details about the site and how it operates on a daily basis, with a tour of the premises
• An essential health and safety briefing for anyone who will be on site
• Information regarding our methods of fundraising, along with key dates for upcoming events and appeals
These sessions are arranged as sufficient numbers of new volunteers come on board and are subject to a minimum number of volunteers being available.
There are a range of ways in which you can support us through volunteering your time. Opportunities will vary depending on what volunteers we already have in place, but could include:
• Cat cuddling and enrichment / pen cleaning
• Gardening and general site maintenance
• Reception and admin help (particularly at weekends)
• Events volunteers (helping on the day of key events or helping in advance to arrange events)
• Fundraising volunteers – arranging events on our behalf to raise funds
• Supermarket collections (collecting donated food or collection tins in store)
• Cash collections (shaking a bucket outside your local store or at events)
• Fostering – Please see the fostering page for details
Current volunteering vacancies:
Unfortunately we no longer able to accept any Volunteers under the age of 18.
For details of group volunteering / corporate days please contact volunteer@